This makes a great starter. This recipe started when I once went to Pizza Hut and I got a starter of stuffed peppers and instead of being bell peppers it was a Ramiro and I liked the idea so I just went with it. I don’t think I have ever made these the same way twice.
2 Ramiro Peppers
6 heaped tablespoons of creme fraiche
tablespoon smoked paprika
2 slices bread made into bread crumbs
parmesan cheese finely grated
handful of grated cheese (I use a mature white chedder or a smoked cheese)
- chop pepper in half from stalk to tip, looks better if you have both halves with the stalk.
- place in a preheated oven for 5 minutes meanwhile in a bowl mix creme fraiche, juice of the lemon, smoked paprika mix it together add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Remove peppers from oven and spoon in mixture remembering to leave enough room for cheese and breadcrumbs
- Throw grated cheese on top
- mix parmesan and breadcrumbs together and sprinkle on top.
- Place in the oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and breadcrumbs have browned.
Into the creme fraiche I have tried adding red onion, chopped chorizo and chopped bits of bacon. I have also made a blue cheese version using blue cheese instead of breadcrumbs (cos I didn’t have any) so you could still use breadcrumbs with blue cheese. Next up is adding mushrooms fried in a garlic butter
For a spicy version throw chopped green chilli into the mix.